Sunday, October 11, 2009

A New Direction

I've used this blog very sparsely since starting it.  Up till this point, I intended for it to be dedicated to my thoughts on the Fire Service and my passion for the way of the Fire Service Warrior.  Today I am shifting directions though.  I am a fireman, but I also consider myself to be a philosopher of sorts, and a spiritualist.  This blog is about me, about my journey and about all that makes up who I am.  It is about the fire service, about warriorship, about the discovery of self and the process of becoming a full and complete person.  No one who was to sit and talk with me would ever think that I am "only" a fireman.  The whole of me is comprised of many facets, and I hope by sharing those facets I may open someone's eyes to an idea that they may have not yet experienced.  If nothing else I hope to capture here the thoughts that I have penned over the years and continue to write. 

One of the gifts of my chosen career is the awareness that any given day could be the last I walk this earth.  I've buried friends, and read all too often about the passing of brothers along my path.  I would hate for what has literally been my life's work to be lost because of laziness on my part.  Maybe, this may exist for one reason only, to ensure that my son will one day be able to look back and understand more fully who his father was and who he became.  I think that is a worthy mission. 

So I will be posting thoughts, ideas, and writing from the past as well as things I am writing now, with a certain amount of editing so that my voice is coherent for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment