Wednesday, December 15, 2010

No really, this has to be the last copyedit...

So I spent a big hunk of today reviewing the "Really this is it, no more, honestly!" copy-edit of A Combat Position: Achieving Firefighter Readiness (that's the new and improved title of my book).  It's interesting to see how something like a textbook evolves from a simple idea to a edging slowly towards completion thing. 

My little idea has been in the hands of a bunch of people so far.  Now though it is in the hands of the big boss who has the ultimate authority to sign off on the final text that will go to press.  I believe, baring something coming up I have not seen, that I am probably done with this part of the process.  Now, I just have to wait for the galleys and see what the "finished" product will look like in layout.

I was going to use tonight to post a few videos and add some commentary, but I'm pretty well shot after all the other work and two separate computer restarts while working.  Tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment