Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Mission

Here's the link to my article "The Mission of the Fire Service Warrior" on Fire Engineering online.  Hope you enjoy it.

The Mission of the Fire Service Warrior

By Christopher Brennan            What is your fire department’s mission statement? Seriously, right now, recite from memory your department’s mission statement. Can you? I ask students in my classes to do just this on a regular basis and, without exception so far, my request has been met with blank or panicked stares. This may sound obvious, but if your members cannot recite your department’s mission statement from memory, then there is no way they will be living that mission statement.

2 comments:

  1. The mission of the Seattle Fire Department is to minimize the loss of life and property from fire, medical emergencies and other disasters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that... Clear and to the point. Well done.

    ReplyDelete